It’s been a while I threw a challenge so here is one! But this time using DAX and only DAX! Keep your FILTERS clean and get ready to CALCULATE! 😀
Consider this EMP Table
One row per employee and their date of joining. Table Name – Employees
Now Consider this Training Table
An employee can undergo multiple training on different dates, but not necessarily all employees (in the employee table) will undergo training. Table Name – Training
After how many days post their joining did each employee undergo their first training?
- Create a single measure in Excel Power Pivot or Power BI
- No helper columns or tables, just one neat measure to get the job done
- Of course you are free to create relationships
Snap that DAX code in the comments below!
Have an appetite for more challenges ?
- Separate Numbers from Text
- Find Unique Travel Dates – One of my all time favorite!
- Separate Managers and Emp Names