Recently while analyzing my site data, I wanted to find out – How many new subscribers are joining my email list each month? This seems like a very simple DISTINCTCOUNT of Subscribers but it’s not… okay that was a hint!
Ready for the Challenge ?
Consider this Dummy Data
2 Simple Columns – Date and Subscriber ID
- Subscriber ID is a unique subscriber identifier.
- A Subscriber can opt-in multiple times, hence can be present on multiple dates.
I’d like to calculate how many new subscribers are joining my email list each month. A Subscriber is considered new when it appears for the first time in the data. Side Note – The solution to this problem can also be replicated on New Customers Added
The expected output should be a simple table with 2 columns Month and New Subscribers Added
- Feel free to create a Date Table if needed.
- No helper columns and tables only measures are allowed.
- Post your answers in the comments.
Need More of these DAX Puzzles?
- My all time favorite – The SUMX Problem
- Calculate Accrued Commission
- Calculate Cost Amortized Till Date
- Find Trained Employees who Left
- DAX Crossword