I have got this request a zillion times: How can I convert a number into Indian Currency? Ok not a zillion times but at least a 100 times 😛 In the pain of those countless minutes spent in manually typing (which is also prone to mistakes) the numbers into words, I hereby present a Macro (VBA Code, which is not mine)! Simple, Quick and Sexy!
Ready for it?
- Here is the Macro [Download the text file]
- Open excel (blank workbook) or the file in which you want to incorporate words from numbers
- Use the shortcut keys ALT + F11 to open the VBA Window
- Insert a Module from the Insert Drop Down in the Menu Bar
- In the empty space paste the code and close the VBA Window
- Now use the =SpellNumber function to convert any number in to Indian Currency Words
Caution: Now that your file contains a Macro you would have to save the file as Macro Enabled File (with extension .xlsm)